Stress know the signs – Mental Health Awareness Week, UK 13-19 May.
We are living in a “stress epidemic”, according to the Stress Management Society (SMS).
In the last year, three-quarters of UK adults reported levels of stress that left them feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope.
People working in construction are particularly at risk.
Research shows that it’s one of the most stressful sectors, with more than 4 in 5 construction workers saying they feel stressed at least some of the time during a typical week according to the http://ow.ly/5z7c50J901R.
Common warning signs include:
- unusual or negative moods
- forgetfulness or clumsiness
- indecisiveness, restlessness and poor judgement
- withdrawal from friends and colleagues
Dealing with stress – try:
- chatting to a friend or family
- getting a good night’s sleep
- exercising and eating well
- avoiding alcohol
Check out this cartoon video by http://ow.ly/elMK50J901Q
Find out more http://ow.ly/U0iU50J901O.
#KTL, #ConnectingCommunities#MentalHealthAwareness, #ConstructionIndustry